Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Honey Glazed Ham

Get ready, get set... GO! Actually it was more like 'GO!' for my first day of working at Honey Baked Ham. Thank heavens I had some experience with the food industry and customer relations when I worked at Subway. Now there was an interesting... crazy... tiring ... FUN job.

So far this one is great. I had the good fortune of meeting a coworker named Megan who is helping to show me the ropes around the store and at the counter. (I finally know what the order number they give you when you order a ham over the phone means) Just wait Mom and Dad, I'll help you with your next purchase!

Adam also working for Honey Baked Ham but at another location. Hopefully when the Easter Season is over they will keep one of us on. It would be nice to earn a little extra money :)

Side note- That totally reminds me, I found out that I have 3 free plane tickets to travel wherever (well actually specified locations) I want. Get ready Willie, I will be there for your homecoming :)

Back on track- It feels so good to be exhausted. Not that I haven't been hitting that point multiple times this semester but this is just wonderful. I am looking forward to an excellent nites sleep!!!

Again that reminds me, I need to finish writing my prospectus for my graduate degree since they need a finished copy of it by Tuesday at 10..... Oh boy. But I actually have a research project again. Dr. Terry was scaring me by saying that he didn't think that my location, My Research Idea, would work out this summer. That would have set me back quite a bit I think.

The Lord has blessed me. I have a beautiful home that I love coming home to. I have a wonderful husband who loves me. I have an adorable dog who is helping me to get ready for kids (but that is still in the future). I am in a graduate program that is helping me to reach my goals in life, and it is helping me to feel fulfilled. I am blessed with a wonderful family that tells me they love me and tells me they miss me. I am blessed to be happy. I love life and it never ceases to amaze me what surprises and excitement is in store. It really seems like almost everything I have ever wanted to try or do has come about. I always wanted to live in Utah and guess what... I do. I wanted to be where I am in some form or another and I am. Life is wonderful.

However, it would be even better if my upstairs neighbors would turn down their subwoofer. I can totally feel it vibrating my apartment.

Anyway, there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment